If you study endocrinology in a certain semester, professors give you the assignment to write a term paper on this niche topic. But there are tons of options to choose from, and sometimes, students are baffled by the plenty of themes. So we’ve written this article to help you understand how to find a fabulous idea for your piece of work; also, we’ve listed themes for your research paper. So let’s dive in!
How to Find a Good Topic for an Endocrinology Term Paper
There is the golden rule that is the same for any subject: to develop an amazing idea for your project, you should know your niche inside out. It’s very difficult to come up with a bomb theme if you skipped classes on Endocrinology. It’s impossible to write a high-quality paper if you have a war with this subject.
So there are multiple ways to develop a tremendous idea:
- read articles in scientific journals and on the Internet;
- talk with your buddies and professors about endocrinology;
- read books about your subject.
Well, it’s time to look for amazing ideas. Let’s explore them.
Endocrinology Research Topics by the Fields of Study
As you know, endocrinology has some areas where you can do your study. It’s the same to digital marketing: this niche has many fields to explore, such as SEO, SMM, video marketing, and the list goes on. So, in our turn, we move to topics for your endocrinology paper.
This niche studies how the endocrine system impacts human behavior. Such a theme is always interesting because you can apply some knowledge from the study in real life to control your behavior when it’s a hard time for you. There are some topics on such an area:
- How Gut Hormones Work Centrally and Peripherally to Affect Food Intake?
- Estrogen May Increase Vulnerability to Drug Addiction.
- Can Melatonin Be a Treatment for Bipolar Disorder?
- Light Therapy as an Effective Treatment for Bipolar Disorder.
- Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals.
But you can have a war with behavioral endocrinology. So there is a sense to consider another field of endocrinology — cardiovascular one.
Such a field of endocrinology explores how endocrines influence our hearts. If you’re fond of analyzing heart diseases and searching for ways to reduce them, the best bet for you is cardiovascular endocrinology. So let’s see some of the endocrine system project ideas:
- Plasma Cortisol and Atrial Fibrillation.
- When Is a Lipid Panel not Enough?
- Method of Lipid-Lowering Therapy.
- Multiorgan Coordination of Lipoprotein Secretion.
- How People’s Menu Impacts the Risk of Heart Disease.
Also, we’ve prepared more niches for you — let’s move to them.
If you like to study molecular processes and discover how they impact us, you can consider some epigenetics topics:
- The Unsuspected Intrinsic Property of Melanin to Dissociate the Water Molecule.
- Reactivation of a Developmentally Silenced Embryonic Globin Gene.
- Neonatal Thyroxine Activation Modifies Epigenetic Programming of the Liver.
If you’re still struggling with the idea of your project, you can turn to another niche — diabetes.
As you know, diabetes is a common disease. So topics on this niche will be relevant at any time. The good news is that the Internet is full of statistics and studies from all over the world that you can cite in your piece of work. By reading such researches, many endocrine research topics can be born:
- Diabetes and Its Hepatic Complication.
- Double Diabetes.
- The Insulin-Like Growth Factor System in Human Pathology.
- Can Antidepressants Improve Outcomes in Patients With Diabetes?
- The Role of Incretins on Insulin Action.
- Can Antacids Improve Blood Sugar Control in People With Diabetes?
- Management of Diabetes in Patients With Progressive CKD.
- Can High-Density Lipoproteins Be Protective Against Type 2 Diabetes Development?
- Type 1 Diabetes and Closed-Loop Technologies.
- Health Disparities in Diabetes.
And we move to the last niche in endocrinology.
Neuroendocrinology is a relatively young field of science that explores the interaction between nervous and endocrine systems. So you can discover lots of interesting ideas for your term by reading scientific journals:
- Neuroendocrine Control of Appetite and Metabolism.
- Hereditary Neuroendocrine Tumor Syndromes.
- Pathogenesis of Pituitary Tumours.
- Aging and Subclinical Thyroid Dysfunction.
- Development of Neuroactive Steroids for the Treatment of Postpartum Depression.
- Increase of Ki-67 Index and Influence on Mortality of Patients With Neuroendocrine Neoplasms.
- The Quality of Clinical Trials in Neuroendocrine Tumours.
Likewise, there are many articles on the Internet libraries that are available for free reading. You can explore them to get inspired.
Such a list of ideas for your piece of work may inspire you. Maybe you’ll take a certain topic for your paper. Keep in mind that it’s okay if both you and your classmate choose the same theme for your study. This is because you have your own points of view, and your works can be controversial. So write on the topic that you like most and enjoy the process!